Emma Claire turned 9 months old last Monday, so I'm a little late, but better late than never!
She is just growing like a weed and as of last Monday she was
Here are a few things she is working on or can do:
- Almost sitting up by herself
- LOVES all of the foods she has tried: bananas, peaches, apples, green beans, peas, sweet potatoes, squash and avocados. We only have pears left and then going to try different cereals. I'm going to have to start making more food!
- Rolling over and grabbing for toys
- Not quite crawling, but will do a crab walk on her back to get where she wants to go and is pretty fast too!
- Babbles constantly, just working on making specific sounds with her
- Will put herself to sleep in her bed, but has to have a blanket to rub against her face!
- LOVES all of the attention people show her and just smiles constantly
- Will pretty much let anyone hold her, but she likes to be held a certain way when she is sleepy
- Still taking 5 bottles a day with a total of 640 cc per 24 hours
- Size 2 diapers and 6 to 9 month clothes; Had to move to 9 month sleepers since she is so long!
- Head circumference: 16 1/4; Length: 27 inches (in the 5th to 10th percentile on her chronological age for both of these areas). This if the first time we have actually hit the line on the growth charts...almost there for weight!
- Using a bath seat in the bathtub instead of the infant bathtub
- Has quite the little attitude sometimes, OH.MY.SOUL!!!
That is all I can think of right now. We just love seeing her grow and change each day. She just loves everything and that makes me so happy. She is such a well adjusted baby to everything and really seems to pick up on things. She definitely knows when she is in a different place and I love watching her look around and process everything.
On another note, had the best time last Tuesday meeting up with some dear buds of mine in Lebanon. We had the best time! But every time we are together, we have a BLAST! I got a picture of Christin and Stacy, but I'm not thinking they want it on the blog, so here is a pic of me and Stacy at lunch! Love you girls!