Well, after a wonderful birthday weekend celebration, we topped it of on Monday, January 17th her actual birthday with a visit to the pediatrician for her 1 year Well Baby Check Up! Dr. K was extremely pleased with how wonderful she is doing and how far she has come since being home. Here are our stats and what Emma Claire is doing these days:
- Weight: 15 lbs 5 ounches <5% percentile
- Length: 28 1/4 inches 30% percentile
- Head Circumference: 16 3/4 <5% percentile
- Wearing size 2 or 3 diapers and 12 month clothes
- Moving to whole milk; now we mix 1/2 formula and 1/2 whole milk. She loves some milk!!!!
- Eat a fruit + oatmeal in the morning; 1 1/2 cubes of vegetable for lunch and dinner + a bottle...this girl loves to eat and will eat anything we put in front of her
- Eating Avocados, Apples, Pear, Peaches, Eggplant, Zucchini, Carrots, Peas, Green Beans, Sweet Potatoes, Regular Potatoes, Blueberries, Bananas, Yellow and Butternut Squash, Shredded Cheese and pretty much anything else she can gnash with her gums as we still have NO TEETH!!!
- Moving and ALMOST crawling on all fours. EC will backwards crawl and get stuck everywhere and any day I'm sure she will be taking off forwards...say a prayer for us when it happens!
- Will stand up holding onto something and even by herself for a few seconds when she wants to, of course!
- Moved to her 'big' girl carseat and loves it is an understatement
- Really watches what is going on around here and noticing more if mommy and daddy are not in the room
- Loves to laugh and really making more sounds. EC really really tries to mimic the sounds we make and is doing a good job. I would be shocked if she was not a talker!
That is pretty much the high level things of what is going on with Emma Claire at 12 months. She just continues to grow up so much and is changing in looks. She is so grown up looking and losing her baby look. She is a joy to be around and is so happy and that makes us so thankful. It is sometimes hard to believe just a year ago, how tiny and small she was but Dr. R hit the nail on the head telling us how feisty she was and how she has never stopped. Well, I better get busy doing my chores before heading back to work this afternoon. I just got back from a business trip and today I'm trying to get work caught up which has bee a good kind of insane!
Thanks to everyone who continues to follow us and lifts us in prayer, we cannot wait to see what this year holds for our sweet and precious baby girl!