Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day and So Much More

Wow, it has been a while since I have blogged. It was so nice to celebrate my first Mother's Day with my mom and Matt's mom. We had our families over to the house for some grilled burgers and a good time. It was nice to just hang around the house and not have to be too busy and just enjoy our families. We are so fortunate to have both of our families close and I.Love.It! It was a wonderful present to just have my sweet pea home for Mother's Day, she just amazes me each day and my heart melts every time I look at her and see how far we have come and cannot wait to see what God has in store for our little miracle. I cannot wait for Emma Claire to grow up and see what Godly examples both of our mothers have been for me and Matt and I hope to be for her. We have definitely been busy with Emma Claire and other things. Last Saturday Matt and I headed to Murfreesboro to see Jake (matt's brother) graduate from college. We dropped Emma Claire off at Mom and Dad's and they had a blast watching her for us. It was nice to get out of the house for a while. We had a nice time and had dinner at Red Lobster....yummmmm!

Emma Claire and her Daddy! He is definitely getting use out of his recliner. I believe they have both enjoyed rocking to sleep in it.
We went to our four month checkup today and EC is definitely growing like a little weed. She is now 6 lbs 3 ounces and 18.5 inches long. Her pediatrician is very happy with her progress and we go back in a month for another growth check, but everything else was perfect. We have changed her feeding schedule a little bit and we are now feeding her 65 cc every 4 hours and then I can just nurse her for her 1 AM feeding and not have to feed her a bottle afterwards, which will be nice. If she continues to tolerate the feeds, then about every 7 to 10 days we can continue to increase her breast milk intake. All in all, we have nothing to complain about and she is doing wonderful.
Of course, this child is always dressed and especially on Sunday's when Mom comes up to watch her when we go to church. This girl loves some bows in her hair and she knows when she looks cute. After you get her dressed and dolled up and start to tell her how cute she is, she just coos in her own Emma Claire way and smiles, so PRECIOUS!
Daddy giving Emma Claire a bath in her big girl tub. She loves her some bath time. When you first put her in the water, she's not really sure about it, but within 5 seconds, she is kicking her legs and trying to drink her bath water.
I don't think we have anything else going on right now. Just love having her home and preparing myself for going back to work full time in a few weeks. I know I will still get to be at home with her all day long, but it will be different working 8 hours a day since I have been off or part time since the middle of January. We are so blessed to find Emma Claire a sitter to come to our house 4 days a week. We are so excited to have Keith come and take care of her. I know he will spoil her rotten.
Three generations....wish we could have had my grandmother here with us, that would have been 4 generations of girls on my mom's side of the family!
Love to all and please keep us in prayer for our visit to the BPD clinic next Tuesday. We will see what the pulmonologist says about her oxygen and what changes we can make. We hope to be off the oxygen or at least only use at night and then be completely off of it. We try her off of it periodically throughout the day and she does very well, so we shall see.
Praise God for all of our Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. I work with O2 and O2 pts everyday! She will be off before you know it! We have a lot of pts that need it just at night. I am so proud of her and how well she is doing. God has truly blessed your family and I thank him for that. I can't wait to come to see you guys one day! It really is great that we have reconnected after all these years!!!! I love it! Keep blogging so we know how you guys are doing!

    love ya,
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big and WONDERFUL EC looks in the pics! She is growing so much! We miss you all and think of you all the time. Cohen is ready to see his girlfriend! Love yall!

    ReplyDelete