Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chuck Taylors + 6 Month Update

My how time flies and Emma Claire is now 6 months old!  
  • She weighs 9 lbs 8 ounces and is about 22 1/5 inches long
  • Her head circumference is 15
  • She is really trying to catch up to the growth curve based on her chronological age, she is almost getting there!
  • Eating about 95 cc every 4 hours and we are going to start letting her wake us up in the middle of the night instead of waking her up at 1 AM. We shall see how this will go
  • Sits up in the bumbo seat for at least 10 minutes and does a super job at holding her head up
  • Laughs and 'talks' so much
  • Starting to grab and hold onto things for more than a few seconds
  • Loves to hold a fistful of my hair while I rock her to sleep after her 9 PM feeding
  • Watches herself in mirrors, especially in the one while riding in her carseat
  • Loves to listen to music
  • Watching us eat and is really paying attention to things and her surroundings more
  • Likes to play in her bed more and more
  • Loves for others to talk to her...she is responding so much better to others and she definitely notices her mommy and daddy's voices
  • Drooling so much more now
  • Hopefully going to start cereal around 7 months

That is all I can think of right now.  Her teacher starts on Friday and we are so excited to see even more progress with her teacher coming out once a week. 

Her 6 month checkup went really good and they want to see us back in about 5~6 weeks to see if she is ready to start eating rice cereal...what a HUGE milestone in my opinion.  She received another round of vaccinations, but she did really well and slept most of yesterday. 

That is about all we have been up to these days.  Going to see some special friends of ours on Saturday and stay the night!  I'm so excited and cannot wait to see the Bryant's!  I'm sure there will be lots of laughter going on this weekend, HEY, may be I can shed the last 4 lbs of pregnancy weight by laughing this weekend!

So, anyone that knows me at all, knows I have a LOVE for chuck taylors...they are so comfortable to me and I would own them in every color if I could!  When Mom bought these for EC, I feel in love with them and I have been so excited for the day she could wear them.  They are still a little big on her, but how cute does she look in her pink chucks!   Even though they are a little big, you know she will have them on, OH and big bows!  I might as well dress her how I want right now, before she gets too big and then has her own opinions!

Just hanging out with Mommy...so hard to get a picture of her looking at the camera.  She is always to worried about looking around every where else!

Can't you just hear her saying...Hi Y'all in her soon to be cute southern accent!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 1/2 birthday EC!!! I love your shoes and bows!

    ReplyDelete