I cannot believe Emma Claire is already 8 months old! She will be 1 before we know it! Here are a few things Emma Claire can do and her stats:
- Weighs approximately 12 lbs (have not had her weighed recently)
- Length: 25 inches
- Sitting up for a few seconds each day by herself; Will setup in her bobby for a longer amount of time
- Pulls herself to a standing position with the help of holding onto our fingers
- Eats 2 Tbsp of cereal twice a day and eats 140~150 ccs of milk 5 times a day
- Puts herself to sleep sometimes and is the happiest baby on earth when she wakes up
- Wearing size 2 diapers; 6-9 month sleepers and clothes
- Loves for people to talk to her
- Responds well to peoples voices she knows
- Has met 6/8 TEIS (TN Early Intervention) goals...WAHOO!!!
- Tries to scoot/crawl for a toy on the floor...this is not consistent, but she is working hard towards crawling
I'm sure there are a million other things, but that is all I can think of right now.
We went for a routine hip ultrasound on Friday and Dr. Kastner called me last night to let me know it was normal and they will just continue to follow it clinically. He did not anticipate any problems, but just wanted to rule out any issues early on before she was mobile.
We had a hearing screen follow up yesterday and she passed everything on her left side. As for her right, one part of the test was inconclusive in the very low tone, but the audiologist was not concerned and just wants to have her follow up every 6 months since she is at high risk, but they do not see any indications of any problems.
After our Vandy appointment yesterday, we went to Baptist for a quick visit and one of the neonatologist said something that really stuck with me, he said she is 'perfect'. Well as a parent we all think our children are 'perfect' and it really got me to thinking about it all. As I have talked with other mothers of preemies, I think we all have a definition of what is perfect in our different situations. I know God creates all of the babies for a purpose and reason and he uses them for his glory. We never know what the outcome of our childrens lives will be or how God will use them for his glory BUT HE creates them all 'perfect' in his image, whatever that might be.
I know we are blessed beyond measure of our outcome with Emma Claire and there is not a day which passes which I give all of the honor, glory and praise to HIM. There were so many IFs when she was first born, but PRAISE God, she is moving right along and HE is the reason she is 'perfect'ly created! When being told ALL of the things we 'might' experience, I just took them in, but I knew WHO was taking care of her and our situation. When the doctor's mention me to, let's do this and this (hip ultrasound/hearing screen) just to make sure, I never have issues with it as I know it's not in my hands to the outcome, but I am assured everything is fine by the peace and comfort God provides to me. He knows what we can handle and will never give us more, eventhough we think it is more than we can. All you have to do is trust in GOD to know he will be there with you each step of your way in whatever you might be facing.
Y'all have a GREAT day!