Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Memorial Day

We pretty much just hung around the house this weekend.  On Friday, Emma Claire and I went to a follow up pediatricians appointment to determine if the Zantac is working for her reflux.  Dr. Collins wants to keep her on it which is fine with me as I think it helps her and makes her feel better.  After our appointment, we went for a visit to see Mrs. Barbara and check up on her.  She looked great and I know is definitely feeling better.  EC loves her Mrs. Barbara!

Saturday, Matt was itching to take the boat out on the lake so him and Jake went out on Old Hickory (aka Old Nasty).  He said there was so much debris and was not happy about having the boat out.  Since they were out on the lake, me, EC, Nana and Pa (matt's parents) decided to go meet them for dinner at Cherokee Steakhouse.  

Sunday, Mom came up and watched EC while Matt and I went to church.  We came home and decided to go get cupcakes from our favorite place, The Cupcake Collection and take them to Stacy and Stocia at Baptist and surprise them with treats.  When we were in the NICU, we would always have Cupcake/Coupon Sunday!  Since Stacy was going back to nights and Stocia is leaving, we wanted to have one more before they made their scheduling changes.  I was so happy to see everyone and it is so nice to go back to visits and catch up!  Everyone was amazed on how big she is getting and how well she is doing.  

After saying our good-byes we went to Nana and Papa's (my parents) for dinner.  It was nice to just relax and not have to be in a rush.  I sure do miss those home cooked meals every night at Mom and Dad's when EC was in the hospital.  We just want to say a HUGE thank you for doing that for us, it was a tremendous help and we are so grateful!  

Monday, I just stayed around the house and then went to Matt's parents for lunch.  Again, just relaxing makes it so nice and not having to be rushed around.  We came back home and had some visitors, Steph, John, Denise, Mason and Paige came to see us for a few hours.  I wished I would have gotten some pictures, but silly me, I forget and then it's too late when I do remember.  I will have to be better about this.

Speaking of visitors, we are so excited for next week when we have some special visitors from Oklahoma coming and then a fun lunch planned with Suzanne and Houston (we miss you guys)!  Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment